The most popular fruit of recent times is the Acai berry. It has been proved by many as having numerous beneficial health effects. The reason for the "magic" of Acai berry lies in its chemical composition.
This fruit was discovered in the jungles of the Amazon forest. It was declared by the locals as possessing immense medicinal and health benefits. But science had to interfere to validate the locals' claims. Thus scientific studies were conducted on this fruit.
What was discovered?
This dark purplish black berry has the highest anti oxidant potential compared to any other fruit. And it has high amounts of essential fatty acids (EFA). Various minerals are also found.
The chemical composition of Acai berry is as follows:
- Flavonoids like anthocyanins – Anti oxidant property
- Vitamins A and C – Anti oxidants, required for proper eye function and healthy skin
- Essential fatty acids – like omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. Required for proper functioning of the heart, brain, eye, nerve cells. Boosts immune system.
- Fibers - required for good bowel movements, Mental clarity chemicals
- Phytosterols - helps in controlling blood cholesterol levels.
- Minerals – aids in various cellular processes
Thus the chemical constituents of Acai berry "chemical work of acai berry" contribute to the overall health of the consumer.